Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Biblical Studies Carnival, and Other Blog News

For the second month running, Jim West has done an excellent job of producing a Biblical Studies Carnival, rounding up all sorts of interesting posts on Biblical Studies and related areas from all over the blogosphere:

August 2010 Biblical Studies Carnival

I am proud to say that I actually remembered and got round to nominating several posts this time around.

Meanwhile, several have the good news that the University of Sheffield Biblical Studies Department has a new blog.

For those interested in who has the most popular Biblical Studies related blogs at the moment, Free Old Testament Audio Website Blog has the latest.

And while we are on the subject, I was disappointed to notice recently that the Biblioblogs.com website had gone down. It looks like the domain name was not renewed, and the content has all gone, at least for now, which is a shame.

1 comment:

webulite.com said...

I would like to see different kind of carnival. Perhaps an annual list of the 10 most important demonstrated discoveries in NT studies. I've been studying christian history for about 10 or 15 years now. After my first years or two when I read many of the great works and came up to speed on what we know, it's like I have learned very little. Have we discovered and confirmed anything major about our knowledge of the historical Jesus or Early Christian history in the last year? in the last ten?

I mean, David Friedrich Strauss was a major event, Albert Schweitzer was a major event. What have we discovered and confirmed since?

My Ideal NT journal would be al followed. An email alert when anything major was discovered and confirmed in the field of Christian history.

Cheers! webulite.com