Sunday, September 06, 2009

British New Testament Conference Reports

I've been in the US for four years now and I still miss the chance to get to the British New Testament Conference each year. There is no precise equivalent. It's long enough to be engaging and interesting, short enough to be over before you're missing home, big enough to contain a wide range of viewpoints, small enough to get to know people, academic enough to give you lots of intellectual stimulation, informal enough to give you plenty of good laughs. Facebook has, of course, provided some good little updates, but it's nice too to see some reports on the blogs. I have seen the following so far:


A couple of mentions on Paleojudaica too.

5 comments:

Matthew D. Montonini said...

Hello, Mark.

I think the Euangelion link was to BNTC was from 2008.

His report for the 2009 conference is here: http://euangelizomai.blogspot.com/2009/09/bntc-2009.html

vhtnguyen.com said...

I agree that there is no equivalent to BNTC. I would also add that it also does well in welcoming and integrating PhD candidates into the mix with 'established scholars'.

Mark Goodacre said...

Thanks, Matthew; I've made the adjustment. I agree, Henry, on that.

Brian Small said...

Where does one find out information about this conference?

Mark Goodacre said...

http://www.bnts.org.uk/