Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Google Scholar and Google Suggest

Because it came up while I was in Texas, I never did get around to blogging on Google Scholar, but I assume that all my readers have heard about this by now, a fine new resource, and probably destined to become the first stop for research students in the future. I am impressed already by the way that it works, even if it puts Bill Farmer at the top of a search on "Synoptic Problem", and my guess is that it will continue to improve with time, feedback and further refinement. There is an associated blog, On Google Scholar which is worth adding to your blogroll.

Meanwhile Google Weblog points to another new Google Beta called Google Suggest which is good fun -- type your search term in and a wealth of suggestions appear.

No comments: